NFOIC is a nonpartisan alliance of citizen-driven nonprofit freedom of information organizations, academic and First Amendment centers, journalistic societies and attorneys. Our goal is nothing short of ensuring everyone’s right to information. To do this, we:
- Work to start up new, and support existing, citizen-driven Freedom of Information and First Amendment organizations.
- Foster the open exchange of information through networking and an annual conference.
- Offer a national, collective voice on freedom of Information issues.
- Support member fundraising.
- Explore critical issues, making recommendations for either state or national action.
- Prepare educational reports or other publications.
Your participation is more valuable than ever.