The National Freedom of Information Coalition respects your privacy. We collect and use information about visitors to the NFOIC web site for statistical purposes only to help NFOIC maintain an effective site, to facilitate transactions initiated, to respond effectively to inquiries and to provide other information and advice relevant to the newspaper industry. Information collected on our web site is not made available to third parties that have no directly relevant business relationship with NFOIC.
NFOIC prohibits the unauthorized use by NFOIC employees of information collected about our members and users generally and we require that authorized third parties to whom we provide information use such information solely for its intended business purpose and for no other purpose.
Collection and Use of Technical Information about Internet Connections
NFOIC and its web hosting company, acting as NFOIC's agent, collect and store technical information about your visit to our web site. We use this information for statistical purposes to make our site more accessible to visitors and the information we collect is not provided to any third party. Specifically, we may record:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- The Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site, if any.
- The type of web browsing software and operating system you are using to view our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit on our site.
- The amount of time spent on the site.
Some parts of the NFOIC web site may use a "cookie," which is a file placed on your computer hard drive that allows the NFOIC web server to log the pages you use in the NFOIC site and to determine if you have visited the site before. The NFOIC server uses this information to provide certain features during your visit to the web site. You can set your browser to warn you when the placement of a cookie is requested and decide whether or not to accept it. By rejecting a cookie, some of the features available on the site may not function properly.
Use of Electronic Mail Services
With respect to your use of electronic mail in communicating with NFOIC, you may choose to tell us your name and address or other personally identifying information when you submit an electronic message. We use that information to respond to your request.
Security Considerations on NFOIC's Web site
When sending sensitive information to NFOIC we remind you that electronic messages are not secure against interception, even though we take steps to ensure the confidentiality and security of information you provide to us through our web site.
Nonetheless, if you prefer to submit your information through the mail or over the phone, mail it to NFOIC at: National Freedom of Information Coalition/ Missouri School of Journalism/ 101D Reynolds Journalism Institute/ Columbia, MO 65211 or phone (573) 882-4856.
Contacting NFOIC About this Web site
NFOIC Donation/Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy
- The National Freedom of Information Coalition (NFOIC) reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership in NFOIC.
- If NFOIC refuses a new or renewing membership, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Membership Cancellation by Participant
- Membership cancellations received within 14 days of registration may be eligible to receive a full refund less $25 service fee.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail (email@example.com) and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the credit card holder.
- Refunds will be granted only to the credit card holder.