- The Deliberative Process 150 Years Post-Lincoln — 9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Not a Picayune Problem — 10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Keynote and Hall of Fame Luncheon — 12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Digital Dodges and the Email Sleight of Hand — 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Technology and Access: Promise, Possibility and Perils — 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thanks to Oscar-nominated filmmakers and historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, moviegoers got a glimpse of back room horse trading that made the 13th Amendment possible. Today, the parameters of privileges and exemptions that allow pre-decisional secrecy, and withholding of unfinished drafts, are frequent topics of debate, even litigation. Can today's worst actors who stretch those limits claim they are standing on the shoulders of giants? How much access does transparent government demand? How much confidential counsel does it permit?