Maps Credit: FotografiaBasica / iStockPhoto
The State FOI Resources pages are designed to assist you with using state access laws. On these pages you will find links to NFOIC member coalitions and other groups and resources that will aid you in generating state FOI request letters, comparing your state's provisions to those of other states, planning a records audit, providing FOI training, or learning more about open government.
- State FOI Laws here.
- Sample FOIA Request Letters for all states.
- FOI Hotlines across the country, for assistance in answering your FOI and FOIA questions.
For federal resources in Washington, D.C., and nationally, visit our federal resources page on this site.
Some additional, good stops include:
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, where you can compare one outline point across multiple states.
- Sunshine Review, where you will find information relating to your state's Freedom of Information Acts, transparency checklists for the different levels of local government and information on state spending.
- WikiFOIA by State, where you can find your state or compare states.